Monday, January 28, 2013

My First Cardigan: Tah Dah!!!



This is a big Tah Dah for me.  My first cardigan is finished! Yay! I actually like it.  Being able to make it “custom fit” is awesome.  I made mine long and with short sleeves.  I haven’t added the button yet because I’m not sure I want too. I wouldn’t wear it with the button closed anyway so why add it?  Also, I’m not sure where I want to put the button. At the top neckline or lower across my chest?  I think I will leave it off for now.
The trim is my own. I did a single crochet down the sides and around the neck.  Then I did a double crochet skipping one sc around the neck. Then two rows of sc to finish it off!


I’m very pleased with how it turned out. I like the color and yes “I love this yarn” yarn is very nice.  I can’t believe I made this sweater for $7.50. That’s amazing. Will I make it again? You betcha!
I have a feeling I will wear this to work a lot!

Finishing projects on Sundays is no fun. I have to wait until Friday for Finished Object Fridays!
J
Someone needs a “Finished over the weekend” Link Party! Maybe I will do that…need a catchier name though…any ideas? Post your thoughts or ideas in the comments! Who knows? It could be a fun way to start the week…

Okay, now for the stats:
Yarn: 3 skeins of I Love This Yarn Super Soft Sport Weight
Color: Ivory
Hook:  “J”



Katie's Nesting Spot




-Linking with-
Tami's Amis FO Fridays | Fiber Arts Fridays at Wisdom Begins in Wonder | I ♥ Fridays at Petals to Picots


33 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Jee! I am ready to make another one with a different trim. The possibilities are endless!

      Delete
  2. Eileen - it is just beautiful. I love it! Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi. "Great work" means a lot to me coming from you. You are my hero!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I wore it to work and it is sooooo comfortable!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous cardie - bit cold for the UK at present:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daffy! The day I finished it and wore it to work it was 70 degrees here. Crazy Kansas!

      Delete
  5. I love it, beautiful. What about a pin instead of a button, that is what I did so I have my choice of where I can close it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith! A pin is a great idea. Now I just have to find one. I have a ton of Christmas pins!! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my! This is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful work.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy! It's so much easier than I thought it would be.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely sweater.
    Your handwork looks experienced.
    Wear it proudly!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra! I am pretty proud of myself! :)

      Delete
  8. Hi, Eileen! I love how the cardigan turned out:) It looks so comfy and will be looking great with any color under it as it's quite loopy. Great job and successful first attempt. Finished over the weekend is not very good for me, because, funny to say, I never have enough time during weekend to finish things:)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hindustanka, Evidently I'm the only one that finishes over the weekend. That's okay. I'll still post it in FO Friday!

      Delete
  9. Bravo !!! Your cardigan is perfect !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful cardigan!! You definitely can't beat $7.50 either :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cardigan, great job! Isn't it satisfying when you make something and it fits? Looks perfect without buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Eileen! our cardigan is lovely and the price is great! I made a cardigan with this pattern a while ago and love it :) I put the button at the top but I think it would be better in the middle because at the top I tend to leave it undone. Elisabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Friday! I love your sweater. I agree about the button...no need to mess up that beautiful piece with a button.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sweater is beautiful! I would leave the button off. You could always use a shawl pin if you decided you wanted to wear it closed. It looks gorgeous as is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cardigan! Nice color.

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminados-43/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely! I've had this pattern in my que for a while now...and I think I'd like to finally give it a try seeing how yours turned out! :)

    ~ Sarah
    Sarahndipities.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! Thank you.
If you have questions I'll answer asap.